- In 1992, the ________________ file format was developed as part of a video compression standard.
- In the music industry, ____________ is the practice whereby record promoters pay deejays or radio programmers to play particular songs.
- Selective censoring
- (T/F) Radio programs powerfully reflected shifts in American culture.
- Nickelodeons are a type of movie theatre whose name combines the admission price (____________cents) with the Greek word for “__________________.”
- 10 / film
- 5 / film
- 10 / theatre
- 5 / theatre
- ________________ is the promotion and sale of a product throughout the various subsidiaries of a media conglomerate.
- (T/F) The most influential children’s show in TV history is Sesame Street.
- ________________ refers to the contrast between the “information haves” and the “information have-nots.”
- Through what channels does a PR group convey their message?
- Press releases
- Video news releases
- Both of the above
- Neither of the above
- (T/F) People who are less emotionally stable will use social media less frequently.
10. Which of the following is not a social media metric?
- Social relations
- Social actions
- Payola (b)
- 5 / theatre (d)
- Digital Divide
- Both of the above (c)
10. Social relations (d)